Journals

i have recently been involved in a couple of Round Robin Journals, a round robin journal is an art journal that travels the globe, and the recipients "do their thing" to it, whether it be draw, journal, write stories, poetry, doodle, anything really that takes their fancy. I love the days the postman brings me a new one to contribute too.... So far i have put my pen(s) to around 15 peoples journals, and i am just loving it. I have recently received my first one back completed, and i just adore it!! the different styles of art, writing and creativity all round in it just blows my mind. I cant help but pick it up, every time i walk past it, to discover something new.
I will share with you over the next few weeks some of the pages that are in my journal, but today i am show and telling (the ones i remembered to photograph anyway), you the pages that i contributed to other journals, but before i do that here is the cover of my first journal that i just received back...
and the side view, which is all fat from other peoples work.... i so love it!!
o.k, so here is a few of the pages i have contributed so far..... my.."i love" page.....
a bit of doodle work....my favorite trpe of art!
the kiddies
an owl, all done with sharpies..... i LOVE sharpies!
more sharpie work
and yes more sharpie work!! and a little owl zine, which i love!
im not a big writer in the journals, i can talk the leg off an iron pot, but when it comes to writing, i just dont do it well at all!!!! So im more of a drawer/doodler, i tend to use lots of colour, because well.... who doesnt like colour!! Im quite happy with what i contribute, so i hope every one else is too!!
i have another journal doing the rounds at the moment, with this one, i made the cover with felt, totally inspired by a beautiful person named Lauren Rhodes... i was at a scrapping day, and she had made a beautiful journal cover out of felt, i fell in love with it. So i made myself one... owl themed...of course!!!!
my title page... this one is going around quite quickly, so i hopefully will have it back around August sometime....
and the journal below is about to set sail on its journey next week, this time i made it from fabric, and i do quite like it (no owls this time), just a little birdie!!! thanks for reading, and looking, ................Ax
...

2 comments:

Mooselet said...

As always I'm totally blown away by your talent. How do you find the time?

JennyTheArtist said...

wow, your journals are so colorful and inspirational. I started an art journal last year, but haven't worked in it in a while. I should take some photos and post them in my blog...